We live for the lake lifestyle.
Our mission is to share the joy of lake life.
We accomplish this by providing timely, useful and accurate information for lake visitors, as well as by supporting lake communities through commerce.
Find New Lakes to Visit
Explore Lake Topics
Lake Sørvágsvatn: A World Tripping Nature Lover’s Ideal Expedition
Lake Sørvágsvatn, known as the “Lake Above the Ocean” and the “Hanging Lake”, presents an optical illusion in the Faroe Islands. This lake sits at the edge of a cliff that is 98-feet (30 meters) above the sea. Lake Sørvágsvatn appears to be suspended over the sea, like a natural infinity pool, and looking at…Details
Spotlight on Center Hill Lake
Center Hill Lake is a natural wonder tucked away in the heart of Tennessee. This beautiful reservoir spans over 18,000 acres with hundreds of miles of beautiful shoreline. It’s the perfect destination for anyone looking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and enjoy some time in nature. With crystal-clear waters, rolling hills,…Details
Going to Japan? Consider a Dream Trip to Lake Biwa
Lake Biwa is one of the most beautiful lakes on planet earth. Countless Japanese artists of several genres have included Lake Biwa’s beauty in their works for centuries. Lake Biwa earned its first name of “Awaumi”, later pronounced as “Omi” in the year 1000, like Japan’s ancient province of Omi. The Japanese named this lake…Details
Tulare Lake is Flooding Back to Life
In 1800, Tulare Lake extended from over 790 to 1,000 square miles in California’s San Joaquin Valley and today’s Kings County—When it was a like. A phantom lake fills up seasonally and is dry at certain times of the year, appearing and reappearing, like a phantom. The southern end of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range…Details
The Land Between the Lakes
The Land Between the Lakes is just what its name says it is. This land lies between Kentucky Lake on the west and Lake Barkley east on the in far western Kentucky and northwest Tennessee. The lakes run parallel to each other in a southwest to northeast line. The Land Between the Lakes is a National…Details
What You Need To Know About The New EPA Clean Water Act Rule
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recently announced the Clean Water Act Rule, a new approach that impacts America’s waterways. This regulation establishes a baseline for all future clean water initiatives, ensuring that these bodies of water are given the same level of protection as those that are larger and more well-known. With these recent decisions,…Details
Spotlight on Jim Chapman Lake
Whether you’re looking for a quiet getaway or a fun-filled adventure, Jim Chapman Lake has something for everyone. With its pristine waters, lush forested shoreline, and abundant wildlife, it provides a unique sanctuary to those who visit. There are plenty of activities to do around the lake, such as hiking, biking, fishing, camping and kayaking.…Details
The 500 Pound Black Bear at Lake Tahoe
Hank the Tank, a 500-pound black bear committing home invasions in the Lake Tahoe region, has obviously proved that black bears in the area enter a state of topor, not hibernation, in the Lake Tahoe winters. Typically, black bears are smaller than brown bears and polar bears are much larger than black bears. However, Hank…Details
Great Lakes Surfing in Winter: 5° to 10° F and Surf’s Up!
February 23, 2023, 12 p.m: The temperature in Duluth, Minnesota, on Lake Superior is between 7° and 10° F. A mighty blizzard is about to hit Duluth with gale-force winds, blowing most residents to the stores for emergency supplies. Not everyone, though. Surfers were more excited about the size of the waves on the shores…Details
Spotlight on Kentucky Lake
Kentucky Lake is a beautiful and serene lake located in western Kentucky, along the Tennessee border. With more than 2,000 miles of shoreline, it is the largest artificial lake east of the Mississippi River. It has been an ideal spot for swimming, fishing, boating, camping, and other outdoor activities for locals and visitors alike for…Details
Spotlight on Lake Cypress Springs
Located in the rolling hills and pines of East Texas, Cypress Springs Lake is a water wonderland that’s been an area favorite for decades. From swimming to fishing, boating to camping—Cypress Springs Lake has something for everyone! With over 12,000 acres of sparkling-clear waters and pristine natural beauty surrounding it, visitors can get away from…Details
Do Lakes Need Rivers?
Approximately half of the freshwater lakes in the U.S. are man-made at 48%, and the other 52% are natural freshwater lakes. The most popular natural aspects of U.S. states are their lakes, which provide amazing views and vistas, habitats for abundant wildlife, electricity generation, transportation, water usage, and especially recreational opportunities. The largest group of…Details